ACMT Request for Proposals
Fellows-in-Training (FIT) Lecture at ASM 2018
April 7, 2018 in Washington DC
The Education Committee invites ACMT members to submit proposals for presentations at the annual ACMT Educational Symposium, the Fellows-in-Training Lecture, at the 2018 ACMT Annual Scientific Meeting to be held April 5-8, 2018 in Washington DC.
Fostering the education of our trainees is important. This is a great opportunity for a medical toxicologist to present an interesting and/or innovative aspect of medical toxicology. Recent year presentations have been outstanding and are listed below.
- ASM 2017 – Medical Murders, R Brent Furbee
- NACCT 2016 - Medical Directorship as a Career Path for Toxicologists., JoAn Laes, Tim Wiegand, Carson Harris, Tseganesh Selamaeb, Andrew Topliff
- ASM 2016 - Global Toxicology: Opportunities for Fellows-in-Training, Ziad Kazzi, Rais Vohra
- NACCT 2015 - Using Conceptual Frameworks in Medical Toxicology, Bryan Judge
- ASM 2015 - Professional Organizations and your Toxicology Career, Lewis Nelson, Michelle Ruha, Shawn Varney, Adam Pomerleau
- NACCT 2014 - How to Start Up a Forensic Toxicology Practice, Jerrold Leikin
- ASM 2014 - How Can an MPH Enhance Your Toxicology Career? Stephen Munday and Josh Schier
- NACCT 2013 - Investigating Medication Safety Events: Becoming the Expert at Your Future Institution, Brenna Farmer and Jeanmarie Perrone
Session proposals should be for a 60-minute presentation to be delivered to fellows-in-training. Proposals will be reviewed by the ACMT Education Committee. As many of the submitted proposals in past years were excellent, yet not selected, re-submissions are encouraged.
- Presenter(s) must be ACMT members
- Submission guidelines as shown on attached proposal form must be followed
- Deadline for receipt of submissions is August 4, 2017
Please email proposals to: Info@acmt.net
For questions, please contact Dr. Louise Kao at Lkao@iuhealth.org