More than 25 women and men attended the inaugural Women in Toxicology Meeting at ASM 2017.
Specific actions discussed during the meeting are summarized below:
- Biannual in person meeting at ASM and NACCT
- Annual Book Review at ASM
- “Women Don’t Ask” is the book chosen for ASM 2018 in Washington D.C.
- Quarterly article review (likely via Webex or alternative electronic venue)
- Establish Listserve for email communication and meeting notifications
- Establish forum for sharing of information, questions, and general communication
- Need to solicit members to submit a bio (and headshot), highlighting areas of expertise
- Focus on practical and real-life advice and guidance (i.e academic promotion, contract negotiations, utilizing already established resources for women across specialties, etc.)
Meghan Spyres and Elissa Moore are excited to function as group leaders in coordinating our future activities and establishing a forum to facilitate communication and the exchange of ideas and advice. Certainly others interested in functioning in a leadership capacity are welcome.
This group is established and maintained to serve its member's needs with the knowledge that we all have different backgrounds and challenges but this will be a forum to seek guidance, counsel, and express opinions in a non-judgmental manner. We look forward to the evolution of support and collaboration that the members of this group will create and foster.