Prepare with ACMT!
- The only professional association that focuses solely on medical toxicology.
- Be informed by nationally recognized, multidisciplinary medical toxicology faculty.
- Study content specifically designed for the medical toxicology subspecialty exam offered jointly by ABEM, ABP, and ABPM.
- Gain new insight into current clinical issues, particularly those not seen in your daily practice.
- Optimize your retention of factual knowledge as the course is conveniently scheduled close to the board exam date.
- Strengthen your practical knowledge in key subjects by attending the “stimuli” room with clinical images and case based modules.
- Benefit from an intensive learning environment that prepares you for your board subspecialty exams.
- A complete electronic syllabus with over 700 practice questions (and answers) will be available to all who register for this course.
Web-based SyllabusOnline course materials will be available as early as June 2nd. The sooner you register, the sooner you will have access to resources like the Quiz Bank, with over 750 practice questions in 35 quizzes to help you prepare for board (re)certification.
*If pre-ordered, a printed syllabus will be available for pick-up in Salt Lake City.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the University of Alabama School of Medicine and the American College of Medical Toxicology.
The University of Alabama School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Alabama School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 21.25 AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
UAB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering a diverse, equitable and family‐friendly environment in which all faculty and staff can excel and achieve work/life balance irrespective of ethnicity, gender, faith, gender identity and expression as well as sexual orientation. UAB also encourages applications from individuals with disabilities and veterans.
Day 1 - Thursday, September 29, 2016
7:00-7:50am - Breakfast & Registration
7:50-8:15am - Welcome & Introductions
8:15-9:05am - Pharmacokinetics/Toxicokinetics
9:05-9:45am - Cardiovascular Toxins
9:45-10:15am - Alcohols / Glycols
10:15-10:35am - Break / Stimulus Room
10:35-11:25am - Metals / Metalloids
11:25am-12:05pm - Endocrine
Jeff Lapoint, DO
12:05-1:15pm - Lunch~n~Learn: Mushrooms & Marine
1:15-1:35pm - Break / Stimulus Room
1:35-2:05pm - Hydrocarbons
2:05-2:45pm - Analytics / Forensics
Jeff Lapoint, DO
2:45-3:35pm - The Toxic House
3:35-3:55pm - Break / Stimulus Room
3:55-4:35pm - Teratogens / Reproductive Toxicology
4:35-5:15pm - Drugs of Abuse / Withdrawal
6:30-8:00pm - Welcome Reception and Quiz Bowl Trivia Event
Day 2 - Friday, September 30, 2016
7:00-7:50am - Breakfast
7:50-8:00am - Quiz Bowl Review/Awards
8:00-8:50am - Inhalational Toxins & Asphyxiants
8:50-9:30am - Pesticides
9:30-10:00am - Classical Toxicology
10:00-10:20am-Break / Stimulus Room
10:20-11:10am - Envenomations
11:10-11:50am - Antimicrobials
11:50am-12:20pm - Clinical Drug Testing / Diagnostics
12:20-1:30pm - Break for Lunch
1:30-2:00pm - Assessment / Population Health / Risk Management
2:00-2:50pm - Terrorism / Hazmat
Shaun D. Carstairs, MD, FACMT
2:50-3:10pm - Break / Stimulus Room
3:10-4:00pm - Carcinogens
4:00-5:10pm - Plants & Herbals
Day 3 - Saturday, October 1, 2016
7:00-7:50am - Breakfast
7:50-8:00am - Housekeeping Announcements
8:00-8:30am - Anesthetics, NMB, Muscle Relaxants
8:30-9:20am - GI / Heme / Anticoagulants
9:20-10:00am - Chemotherapeutics
10:00-10:20am - Break / Stimulus Room
10:20-11:10am - Antipsychotics and Psychotropics
11:10-11:40am - Anticonvulsants
11:40am-12:10pm - Supplements / Vitamins
12:10-1:20pm - Break for Lunch
1:20-2:30pm - Dermatology & Pathology
2:30-3:20pm - Miscellaneous Toxins
Stimulus Room: Open daily during breakfast & breaks.
Paul M. Wax, MD, FACMT