The Education Committee invites ACMT members to submit proposals for presentations at the annual ACMT Educational Symposium, the Fellows-in-Training Lecture, at the 2018 ACMT Annual Scientific Meeting to be held April 5-8, 2018 in Washington DC.
Fostering the education of our trainees is important. This is a great opportunity for a medical toxicologist to present an interesting and/or innovative aspect of medical toxicology. Recent year presentations have been outstanding and are listed below.
- ASM 2017 – Medical Murders, R Brent Furbee
- NACCT 2016 - Medical Directorship as a Career Path for Toxicologists., JoAn Laes, Tim Wiegand, Carson Harris, Tseganesh Selamaeb, Andrew Topliff
- ASM 2016 - Global Toxicology: Opportunities for Fellows-in-Training, Ziad Kazzi, Rais Vohra
- NACCT 2015 - Using Conceptual Frameworks in Medical Toxicology, Bryan Judge
- ASM 2015 - Professional Organizations and your Toxicology Career, Lewis Nelson, Michelle Ruha, Shawn Varney, Adam Pomerleau
- NACCT 2014 - How to Start Up a Forensic Toxicology Practice, Jerrold Leikin
- ASM 2014 - How Can an MPH Enhance Your Toxicology Career? Stephen Munday and Josh Schier
- NACCT 2013 - Investigating Medication Safety Events: Becoming the Expert at Your Future Institution, Brenna Farmer and Jeanmarie Perrone
Session proposals should be for a 60-minute presentation to be delivered to fellows-in-training. Proposals will be reviewed by the ACMT Education Committee. As many of the submitted proposals in past years were excellent, yet not selected, re-submissions are encouraged.
- Presenter(s) must be ACMT members
- Submission guidelines as shown on attached proposal form must be followed
- Deadline for receipt of submissions is August 4, 2017
Please email proposals to: Info@acmt.net
For questions, please contact Dr. Louise Kao at Lkao@iuhealth.org