ACMT Practice Symposium
2018 NACCT in Chicago, IL
October 25-30, 2018
ACMT is soliciting proposals for the Practice Symposium at the 2018 North American Congress of Clinical Toxicology (NACCT) in Chicago, IL. This symposium is 60 minutes in length and covers matters pertaining to clinical practice development, career advancement, and expansion of the realm of medical toxicology. The format is usually didactic sessions, although panel discussions may be included if the topic allows.
Previous Practice Symposium topics have included:
- Not Just a Hobby - The Well-Diversified Toxicology Portfolio
- Medication Toxicity and Errors and the Medical Toxicologist
- Medical Monitoring and Surveillance of Occupational and Environmental
- Interaction with Local Emergency Planning Committees
- Computerized Physician Order Entry Systems and Medication Errors
- The Role of the Medical Toxicologist in the Assessment of Mold-Related Complaints
- New Dimensions in the Practice of Medical Toxicology
- The Medical Toxicologist On the Front Line
- Forensic Toxicology of Opioids
- Telemedicine and Toxicology
- Opportunities in Public Health - Initiatives for the Practicing Toxicologist
- The Pediatrician Toxicologist
- The Toxicology Practitioner and the Lab: Surveillance for Novel Drugs of Abuse
- Groups, Tweets, And Friend Requests: Modern Marketing Of Your Toxicology Expertise (2017)
How to Apply
Proposals should include:
- Title: should reflect the overall theme and vision for the symposium.
- Objectives: should be succinct and highlight the innovations, research, and/or scientific issues to be addressed;
- Lecture Description(s): suggested topics and proposed titles, length of presentation, and preliminary objectives.
- Speaker(s): if you would like to propose other speakers, you may do so. However please do not make any commitments to proposed speakers prior to RFP submission. If selected, the session (including speakers) may be modified at the discretion of the ACMT Education Committee
While recognizing that some changes will occur, the Education Committee leadership reserves the right to reconsider a session in the event of speaker substitutions or of other changes in the intended focus of the session.
Deadline: January 15, 2018
All proposals will be peer-reviewed by members of the ACMT Education Committee and ACMT leadership. If selected, your proposal will be forwarded to NACCT for final approval (anticipated final decision by February 2018).
ACMT members participate at NACCT at their own expense. Proposals may each include one non-toxicology expert for whom ACMT can potentially provide travel, hotel, and complimentary registration to attend the meeting. However, ACMT cannot guarantee this prior to final review and decision.
For questions please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org