2018 NACCT in Chicago, IL
October 25-30, 2018
Previous topics/titles have included:
- Medical Mistakes and their Prevention: Medical Toxicology’s Imperative
- The Cutting Edge of Clinical Toxicology - Critical Care Toxicology
- Analeptics and Neuroleptics
- Law and Order - Legal Issues in Medical Toxicology
- Toxicology - Is it on the Level?
- The Dark Side of Pharmaceuticals
- Interaction with Consultants
- International Toxicology
- The Changing Face of the Toxicology Patient
- The Media and Toxicology
- Euphoria & Dysphoria
- The Intersection of Medical Toxicology and the Federal Government
- Vanity and Vice: Toxicology in the Sin City
- CSI Atlanta: Toxicology, Law Enforcement, and Crime Scene Investigation
- New and Novel RX: Drugs, Antidotes and Delivery Systems
- Up for Debate: Addressing Controversies in Poisoning (2017)
How to Apply
Proposals should include:
- Title: should reflect the overall theme and vision for the pre-meeting.
- Objectives: should be succinct and highlight the innovations, research, and/or scientific issues to be addressed. In addition please submit a short paragraph detailing the overall expectations and vision for the course.
- Format: you have the opportunity to plan a full day course of 7-8 hours of educational content. The incorporation of breakout sessions, panel discussions, or other creative educational formats is encouraged, along with the traditional didactic lectures. Please include number of each type of presentation and the length of time for each.
- Lecture Presentations: suggested topics and proposed titles, length of presentation, and preliminary objectives. Didactic sessions are in general 30-45 minutes in length.
- Breakout Sessions: suggested topics with preliminary objectives. Breakout sessions are generally 45 minutes in length (but may be repeated once to expand the audience) and are concurrent and have a more interactive format with a smaller group. For example, for three concurrent sessions, repeated, the total length of time would be 1.5 hours.
- Panel Discussions: panel discussions are meant to encourage robust discussion amongst the panelists and to include the audience as appropriate. Minimal use of prepared didactic material is optimal for this session. For a proposed panel, please designate topic, objectives, as well as proposed length of time. Panel discussions are generally 45-60 minutes in length.
- Speakers: if you would like to propose speakers, you may do so. However please do not make any commitments to proposed speakers prior to RFP submission. If selected, the session (including speakers) may be modified at the discretion of the ACMT Education Committee.
While recognizing that some changes will occur, the Education Committee leadership reserves the right to reconsider a session in the event of speaker substitutions or of other changes in the intended focus of the session.
Deadline: January 15, 2018
All proposals will be peer-reviewed by members of the ACMT Education Committee and ACMT leadership. If selected, your proposal will be forwarded to NACCT for final approval (anticipated final decision by February 2018).
ACMT members participate at NACCT at their own expense. Proposals may each include one non-toxicology expert for whom ACMT can potentially provide travel, hotel, and complimentary registration to attend the meeting. However, ACMT cannot guarantee this prior to final review and decision.
For questions please write to: email@example.com