The American College of Medical Toxicology (ACMT) is a professional, nonprofit association of approximately 800 physicians with recognized expertise in medical toxicology.
- Recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties in 1993
- ACMT is the primary organization that serves Medical Toxicologists
- There are currently 28 Medical Toxicology Fellowship Programs
- ACMT supports multiple resident and medical student rotations and clerkships
- Focused on the diagnosis, management, and prevention of many toxicologic disorders including but not limited to:
ACMT Mission Statement
Advancing the toxicologic care of patients and populations; and advocating for the specialty of medical toxicology.
ACMT Vision Statement
Everyone will know the essential role and value of the medical toxicologist.
- Advocacy – Advocate for the care of toxicologic patients and individuals with substance abuse disorders
- Education – Promote and sustain continuous learning and competency in medical toxicology and serve as the education leaders for other health care providers and the public
- Global Health – Advocate for the specialty of medical toxicology globally. Collaborate with health care providers globally through education and research.
- Innovation – Lead change in the field of medical toxicology
- Integrity – Be ethical, transparent, and evidence-informed in our communications with our patients and the public
- Leadership – Guide change and set the standards that will chart the course of medical toxicology
- Membership – Provide our members with mentorship and high quality benefits and encourage diverse practices and career fulfillment
- Patient Care – Provide high quality direct patient care in a variety of clinical settings
- Research – Create research opportunities that yield new toxicologic knowledge and translate it into clinical care and public health improvement
- Establish the Value of Medical Toxicology
- Establish Membership Value
- Enhance Member Engagement
Meetings & Courses
- Annual Scientific Meeting
- Medical Toxicology Board Review Course
- ACMT's Total Tox Course
- Seminars in Forensic Toxicology
- Annual Satellite Sessions
- ACMT Pre-Meeting Symposium at NACCT
- Chemical Agents of Opportunity Courses