REGISTRATION OPEN: 2019 Seminar in Forensic Toxicology: Criminal Poisoning & Drug-Facilitated Sexual Assault: Forensic, Legal, and Medical Aspects
This seminar will focus on the forensic and medical-legal aspects of criminal poisoning and drug-facilitated crimes by presenting intriguing cases encountered by medical toxicology experts. It is tailored to the interests of physicians and other scientists involved in numerous disciplines including medical toxicology, forensic and laboratory medicine, law enforcement, and the legal community. The 2019 Seminar in Forensic Toxicology is presented by ACMT and SOFT (Society of Forensic Toxicologists, Inc).
- Describe the depth and scope of criminal poisoning and drug-facilitated crimes.
- Discuss the importance of forensic toxicology analytical issues as they relate to criminal poisoning and drug-facilitated crimes.
- Understand courtroom challenges from both a medical perspective and a legal perspective.
- Discuss ethical issues that can arise in the medicolegal arena.
- Understand how illicit substances/toxins are obtained from the Dark Web.
- Recognize substances that are used to commit drug-facilitated sexual assault.
- Discuss the medical and legal challenges associated with drug-facilitated sexual assault.