This four-part webinar series is sponsored by the Medical Toxicology Foundation (MTF) and Bayer. The focus of this series is to highlight opportunities, particularly for fellows-in-training beyond the academic track, and introduce them to the possibility of a career in industry. This series will be of particular interest to fellows-in-training and junior faculty, but registration is open to all.
Fellows' Program Experience - June 17, 2022
All four fellows who participated in the Medical Toxicology in Industry Fellows Rotation Program in the 2021-2022 academic year discuss what they learned about the regulation of pharmaceuticals, crop protection, and consumer health products.
- Ari Filip, MD, Washington University School of Medicine, St. Louis, MO
- Powell Graham, MD, UMass Chan Medical School, Worcester, MA
- Sasha Kaiser, MD, Rocky Mountain Poison & Drug Safety, Denver Health Medical Center, Denver, CO
- Sonya Rashid, MD, Toxikon Consortium, Cook County Health, Chicago, IL
Regulation of Over-the-Counter Products - May 18, 2022
Dr. Sasha Kaiser provides an overview of the regulatory framework for over-the-counter (OTC) products and discusses product transition from prescription to OTC status.
Speaker: Sasha Kaiser, MD, Medical Toxicology Fellow, Rocky Mountain Poison & Drug Safety, Denver Health Medical Center, Denver, CO
Prescription Drug Labeling for Healthcare Professionals - April 20, 2022
Dr. Eric Brodsky provides an overview on prescribing Information, including the process for developing the prescribing information. He also discusses the various sections of labeling, including warnings and precautions, adverse reactions, and overdosage.
Speaker: Eric Brodsky, M.D., Associate Director, Labeling Policy Team, Office of New Drug Policy, Office of New Drugs, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, FDA
Tox Careers Outside of Emergency Medicine - Jan 28, 2022
In this webinar, panelists from J&J, Bayer and the FDA discuss toxicology careers outside of emergency medicine and their personal career trajectories.
- Keith Burkhart, MD, FACMT, Senior Advisor for Medical Toxicology, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Division of Applied Regulatory Science/Office of Clinical Pharmacology/Office of Translational Science, U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Sarah Eliza Dunn (Halcomb), MD, FACMT, Medical Affairs Lead, Senior Science Fellow, Bayer U.S. Crop Science
- Ed Kuffner, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Johnson & Johnson Consumer Health
- Paul Wax, MD, FACMT, Executive Director, American College of Medical Toxicology