The Medical Toxicology Foundation (MTF), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is the charitable arm connected to the American College of Medical Toxicology (ACMT). The mission of the MTF is to advance research and education in the prevention and treatment of patients adversely impacted by drugs, chemicals and natural toxins. The MTF began operations in 2009 and provides research, education and practice grants and conference-related travel awards.
Advancing the Toxicologic Care of Patients and Populations
The American College of Medical Toxicology (ACMT) is a professional, nonprofit association of approximately 800 physicians with board certification in medical toxicology and other medical professionals with recognized expertise in medical toxicology. Since 1993, ACMT has worked to advance the field of medical toxicology through support of education, research, and practice.
ACMT Mission Statement
Advancing the toxicologic care of patients and populations; and advocating for the specialty of medical toxicology.
ACMT Vision Statement
Everyone will know the essential role and value of the medical toxicologist.
- Advocacy – Advocate for the care of toxicologic patients and individuals with substance abuse disorders
- Education – Promote and sustain continuous learning and competency in medical toxicology and serve as the education leaders for other health care providers and the public
- Global Health – Advocate for the specialty of medical toxicology globally. Collaborate with health care providers globally through education and research.
- Innovation – Lead change in the field of medical toxicology
- Integrity – Be ethical, transparent, and evidence-informed in our communications with our patients and the public
- Leadership – Guide change and set the standards that will chart the course of medical toxicology
- Membership – Provide our members with mentorship and high quality benefits and encourage diverse practices and career fulfillment
- Patient Care – Provide high quality direct patient care in a variety of clinical settings
- Research – Create research opportunities that yield new toxicologic knowledge and translate it into clinical care and public health improvement