ACMT’s 2021 Annual Scientific Meeting In Review
With 383 attendees, the American College of Medical Toxicology’s 2021 Virtual Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM) on April 14-16 was the highest attended ASM in the history of ACMT. There was a 15% increase from last year and a 20% increase in ACMT member attendance. We had attendees participate from 35 U.S. States and 11 countries, showcasing the growing breadth of our national reach and international presence.
The preceding 2021 Virtual ACMT Symposium, “The 4th Wave: Methamphetamines and Stimulants”, on April 13 also saw its largest attendance with 278 attendees, a 55% increase from last year. We are also delighted to announce that more AMT members attended the symposium than ever before!
While we were unable to meet in-person, ACMT took advantage of a virtual platform, Cadmium CD, to deliver the entire meeting in a single, easy-to-navigate location. Many new features were added to the meeting including a Poster eGallery with audio, Virtual Changes, and more!
The feedback we have received for both events has been overwhelmingly positive. Responses are still being collected, but we wanted to share some comments we’ve already received:
- “The platform used this year was excellent. It was visually appealing, easy to use and well-organized.”
- “Great speakers, even more broad than it would be in-person since speakers from all over the world could participate without travel.”
- “Great poster set up! Easy to navigate and see the thumbnail of each poster before clicking on them.”
- “I can only say positive comments about the symposium. Very well done and I greatly benefited from the knowledge shared from the experts.”
- “I thought this was a very well put together symposium, with a wide array of speakers and topics that highlighted the multiple facets of this issue.”
- “A very relevant and timely symposium with state-of-the-art information being presented.”
We at ACMT would also like to congratulate all of our award recipients and 2021 FACMT Inductees once again. You can read more about our 2021 Ellenhorn Award Recipient, Dr. Leslie Boyer, here and our new fellows here.
Thank you to all who participated in our first virtual Annual Scientific Meeting. Everyone at ACMT is already looking forward to 2022, hopefully in-person, ASM. We hope to see you there!