ACMT Mentorship Program
This program is an informal professional mentoring program open to at all career stages, mentees who are early-career and mid-career medical toxicologists as well as fellows-in-training who wish to expand and refine their skill set in medical toxicology. It brings together medical toxicology mentors and mentees for one-on-one opportunities for additional skill development that will enhance career development. Mentorship has long been known to increase career satisfaction and advancement among both parties involved.
About the Mentorship Program
- Open to at all career stages, mentees who are early-career and mid-career medical toxicologists as well as fellows-in-training who wish to expand and refine their skill set in medical toxicology.
- Mentors/mentees will be able to choose from a variety of Medical Toxicology skillsets.
- This is an informal program, communication and participation is entirely up to mentor/mentee.
Become a Mentee
- Visit the Mentor List webpage 🔒 to select a mentor who has chosen a skillset(s) you are interested in learning from.
- Contact the mentor directly.
Become a Mentor
We are currently recruiting eager, pioneering members to serve as mentors to other ACMT members. Complete the Mentor Application here.
- The information you provide will be posted in the ACMT Mentor List Page (member login required) for mentees to chose from.
- Mentors agree to be part of the program for 1 year.
- Mentors agree to participate in an annual survey.
Mentorship Program FAQs
Medical toxicology is a small subspecialty with our talent spread widely. This program allows access to resources that may not be in physical proximity and provides tools for professional development within medical toxicology.
Yes. If there are areas you feel comfortable providing mentorship, please sign up to share your valuable information and advice. If there are also areas where you want to develop, the mentorship and professional development program could help you find a source of advice for your professional development.
The ACMT Mentorship Program can function as an additional resource for your professional development. It is not meant to be a substitute for any mentorship already provided by your fellowship program.
Mentors have expertise in any one or more of the following areas:
- Academic development
- Addiction Medicine
- Atypical Career Pathways
- Developing inpatient services
- Developing national leadership skills
- Developing outpatient services
- General career development
- Global Toxicology
- Medical-legal/forensic consultations
- Medical Publishing
- Public Health